Friday, July 29, 2011

The Goodness of 2011

After yesterday's post...and several previous posts...I decided it was time for me to post about the good things from this first half of 2011.  Pictures say 1,000 words, so I've decided to let them speak for me...

I was blessed in having the opportunity to teach about being a Warrior of God...the story of David continues to work in my life!



My job allowed me to do some traveling to some beautiful parts of the state...


and I got to spend a lot of time with these folks...



They are my heart's delight!!! (This picture is a little old, but they are just a
gorgeous today as they were in this picture.)



I experienced snow, more than once in this horrifically hot state of Arkansas...I LOVE snow!!!



This little man continues to be inspired by...


This little man....


Which means my little man is growing up and developing closer to his age group...
which is an amazing praise report for our family!


I've been able to watch this amazing young woman grow in the Lord and expand her horizon as a leader.


I'm certainly growing in the Lord too.  "If you're not growing, you're dying!" ~Bro. Bill



He's still the man of my dreams...even in his Roman guard dress :)
I could go on for hours about how he had become an even better
husband this year.  His support, wisdom, love and leadership
has been absolutely amazing!!


I had the honor of co-leading the first ever Revolution Student Ministry encounter retreat.
Wow, God...Wow!!!


I continue to be blessed day after day by these two folks.  My parents are unbelievable! 
They have served us and loved us just like Jesus.



My precious, precious new life group.  Wow...I love these women!! 
I'm so honored to be their new leader.  I knew I would be a life group
pastor one day.  I never dreamed it would be young adult women.
We're going to have a ton of fun!



I've been blessed with a friendship that has
grown even deeper in 2011...
And I just received news yesterday that she will be staying here forever...
Not sure it was really THAT concrete...but that's my interpretation.


Blonde-headed Blessing #1...


and...


Blonde-headed Blessing #2...


My card-playing nemesis...MEAT HUD....
Husband of Jenny...
Dad of Blonde-headed Blessings #1 & #2...


I proudly watched as my beautiful, sweet Adj graduated from high school...


Once again...I can not allow circumstances to rob me of the joys of being blessed with
our dream home.  The home that we have waited for, prayed for, dreamed about for over
two years.  The home that we separately fell in love with before we ever imagined having
a home like this.  The Lord has blessed us abundantly...we can wait to fill it with the
laughter, tears and conversation that await our ministry!

2011 has been a year of goodness...let us not loose that
in the midst of trying times!


No comments:

Post a Comment